Part of series on school finance and referenda around Wisconsin.
Updates from the DPI on the April 3d referenda votes:
· Totals = 34 Passed, 36 Failed (no results from Thorp)
· Issue Debt (building and renovation) = 15 Passed, 16 Failed
· Non Recurring (operating and maintenance) = 14 Passed, 10 Failed
· Recurring (operating and maintenance) = 5 Passed, 10 Failed
· Largest Operating = $21,601,931 (Eau Claire Area) Failed (6,570 to 8,385)
There is already one new referendum on the ballot, the Menomonie Area Board moved fast when faced with unpalatable cuts and scheduled a referendum for May 15th.
Thomas J. Mertz